Saturday, October 20, 2012

Quilt for Dad

A couple of months ago- okay I don't remember exactly but I want to say at least 5-6 months or more ago- I did a 10 inch swap for "Masculine" fabric.  I knew I wanted to do something for my father for Christmas, but wasn't sure what. ( I have no fear that he's going to see this because he doesn't even have a computer or have any idea how to turn it on- it took years for him to learn to use the controller for the TV and the DVR so I think I'm safe).  Then I found this tutorial for a Double Slice from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  And this is what I  ended up with for the front:

I put a border on it to make it a little larger.  I wasn't too hot on the masculine fabrics in the 10 inch size, but once I sliced them up- I really started to like them. I've started working on the back.  I can't wait to get it quilted and have it ready for dad at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment