Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Teaching ideas for next school year

So my blog has now become sort of a mix of quilting and school- but it's a great way for me to keep both parts of my life together.  I subscribe to  myweb20journey and they have some great ideas on there.

She talked about Tagxedo or Wordle and I think I might try those as decoration in my classroom.

I don't know where I saw this, but I downloaded an APP called socrative.  You can put in quizzed, bell ringers, or space game problems and then the kids can get in groups and use their phone as an answering source.  You are limited to what kinds of problems you can type- nothing that requires mathtype, but might be fun to use for stuff like solving equations or review at the beginning of the year reviewing 8th grade material.  It's so cool.  My only issue will be if it's blocked at school- that's the first thing I'll have to check.


No comments:

Post a Comment